Gaston College WIOA YouthWorks program is federally funded and designed to help young adults achieve their educational and employment goals. The program provides support and guidance to assist both in-school and out-of-school youth in obtaining their high school diplomas and to help those who have dropped out of school get their GED or Adult High School diploma. Youth are also provided assistance with acquiring the necessary skills, training and knowledge to obtain a job and advance in employment.
YouthWorks offers a variety of supportive services to help youth achieve both academic and career related goals which include: tutoring, occupational training, employability skills, work experience, career exploration, on-the-job training, post-secondary education, leadership development, employment and more. YouthWorks’ ultimate goal is to educate and prepare young adults for self-sufficiency in the worlds of work and life. Download Gaston College YouthWorks Recruitment Flyer.
- Do you live in Gaston County?
- Are you between the ages of 16 and 24?
- Do you attend a Gaston County Public High School and need help or support in attaining your high school diploma?
- Have you dropped out of school and need help obtaining your GED, or Adult High School Diploma?
- Do you need help finding a job?
- Do you need funding for occupational training?
If so, YOU may be eligible for the YouthWorks Program.
Free Services Include
- Leadership Development
- Work Readiness Skills
- Job Referral/Placement
- Career Coaching
- On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Tutoring/Academic Support
- Work Experiences
- Community Referrals
- Service Opportunities
For more information contact Gaston College YouthWorks at 704-923-8410.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Program • An equal opportunity employer/program